Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ch. 11 Uncle

He looks different: his wrists just out, and his skin is ashy yellow.
"What are you staring at?" he shouts.
Still Aisha doesn't move.
"Stupid girls. All of them. Nobody listens."
He drops down on the sofa and switches on th TV with the remote. A ha watches, I notice bruises and cuts on his forearms.
"I don't know what's wrong with him,"Auntie whispers to us in the kitchen. "He doesn't talk. He just keeps asking for Taslima." page. 101
I am not sure why Uncle's acting this way. I was very surprised to read the line when uncle said that girls are stupid. I think uncle is still shocked of being humiliated as a grown man. And is mad at everybody. I hope uncle will take back his words since he lives in a house full of women and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment